Wax Poetics Radio 06
Bad Data #5 with Chris Peters
Author Pat Thomas discusses his book Listen, Whitey!: The Sounds of the Black Power Movement 1965–1975 and the companion sixteen-song soundtrack (purchase the LP at our storefront).
Producer and MC Quelle Chris talks about his release Shotgun & Sleek Rifle.
Quinton Scott returns to the podcast to discuss the Mighty Sparrow collection Sparrowmania! on Strut Records.
Beats by Apollo Brown from the track “Prove Me Wrong” from the upcoming Apollo Brown & OC release Trophies, courtesy of Mello Music Group.
1. Pat Thomas interview
2. “Until We’re Free” Elaine Brown
3. Pat Thomas interview
4. “Free Bobby Now” The Lumpen
5. Quelle Chris interview
6. “The Crook (The Enemy)” Quelle Chris
7. Quelle Chris interview
8. “The Loop” Quelle Chris featuring Maya Songbird
9. “Zinah” Mighty Sparrow
10. Quinton Scott interview
11. “Kennedy and Khrushchev” Mighty Sparrow
12. Quinton Scott interview
13. “Sweet Loving” Mighty Sparrow
- Marvin Gaye and band rehearses “I Want You”…
- DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist channel Afrika Bambaataa and take…
- Balnearico – The Sunny Side of Brazil’s Underground…
- Wax Poetics and WhoSampled present the Notorious BIG…
- Video of Tower Records on Sunset, Los Angeles, in 1971
- Three mixes of Marvin Gaye’s “I Want You”…
- Wu-Tang Clan’s GZA runs down every track off Liquid…
- Ferguson and the history of riots and protest
- André Cymone plays the records that changed his life
- Ed Motta drops AOR Mix 2 chock full of funky and rare tunes
Responses from Facebook
leave a response, or link from your own site.
Leave a Response