DJ Muggs and Rahzel
"Breathe Slow" [AUDIO]
DJ Muggs is a legendary producer who has worked with pretty much everyone in the business. Rahzel is a master beatboxer and former member of the Roots. This combination results in a hybrid hip-hop/reggae/dub track. Rahzel doesn’t lay down any crazy sound effects on this new DJ Muggs track, but he does spit a simple mantra, to “Breathe Slow,” on this seemingly chilled-out reggae riddim. Ghostly, intoxicating vocals carry you along as each neck-snapping glitch it gets closer and closer to the edge of losing control.
This track is a gift from DJ Muggs to his legion of fans, not from a specific project.
Muggs has recently revealed that he has recorded the next album in his Vs. Series with New York rapper Meyhem Lauren. He also has plans for an EP release with Vinnie Paz and has recorded over twenty beats for the upcoming Cypress Hill project. A workaholic, Muggs has also just released the self-titled EP for his latest project Cross My Heart Hope to Die, which you can check out here.
Chris "Pattch82" Pattinson contributes regularly to hiphopsite.com.
- Marvin Gaye and band rehearses “I Want You”…
- DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist channel Afrika Bambaataa and take…
- Balnearico – The Sunny Side of Brazil’s Underground…
- Wax Poetics and WhoSampled present the Notorious BIG…
- Video of Tower Records on Sunset, Los Angeles, in 1971
- Three mixes of Marvin Gaye’s “I Want You”…
- Wu-Tang Clan’s GZA runs down every track off Liquid…
- Ferguson and the history of riots and protest
- André Cymone plays the records that changed his life
- Ed Motta drops AOR Mix 2 chock full of funky and rare tunes
Responses from Facebook
leave a response, or link from your own site.
Leave a Response