15 surprising albums that helped shape the sound of Brazil’s pioneering psychedelic-rock group Os Mutantes
As a Wax Poetics online exclusive, guitarist Sérgio Dias discusses 15 albums that contributed heavily to the dynamic sound of Os Mutantes.
by Allen Thayer
For Wax Poetics Issue 31, Wax Poetics contributor Allen Thayer spoke with Os Mutantes about their radical transformation of Brazilian music and the manner in which they were able to fuse rock, tropicália, and psychedelia into something revolutionary. As a Wax Poetics online exclusive, guitarist Sérgio Dias discusses fifteen of the albums that contributed heavily to Os Mutantes’ dynamic sound.
- Marvin Gaye and band rehearses “I Want You”…
- DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist channel Afrika Bambaataa and take…
- Balnearico – The Sunny Side of Brazil’s Underground…
- Wax Poetics and WhoSampled present the Notorious BIG…
- Video of Tower Records on Sunset, Los Angeles, in 1971
- Three mixes of Marvin Gaye’s “I Want You”…
- Wu-Tang Clan’s GZA runs down every track off Liquid…
- Ferguson and the history of riots and protest
- André Cymone plays the records that changed his life
- Ed Motta drops AOR Mix 2 chock full of funky and rare tunes
Responses from Facebook
leave a response, or link from your own site.
Leave a Response