Wax Poetics Radio 004
Bad Data #003 with Chris Peters
Matt Sullivan at Light in the Attic talks about Korean guitarist Shin Joong Hyun and LITA’s new compilation Beautiful Rivers and Mountains: The Psychedelic Rock Sound of South Korea’s Shin Joong Hyun 1958–1974.
The 45 King tells the story of the beat behind Jay-Z’s pop crossover.
Steve Ordower talks about Classic Moments in Jubilee Showcase, a DVD of classic gospel television performances.
Beats by 3:33. Taken from Live From the Grove courtesy of Parallel Thought.
1. Matt Sullivan interview
2. “Beautiful Rivers and Mountains” Shin Joong Hyun
3. Matt Sullivan interview
4. “I’ve Got Nothing to Say” Shin Joong Hyun
5. 45 King interview
6. “Hard Knock Life” Jay-Z
7. “Learn How to Wait on Jesus” (with intro by Sid Ordower) The Jessy Dixon Singers
8. Steve Ordower interview
9. “Oh What a Meeting” (with intro by Sid Ordower) The Soul Stirrers
Wax Poetics Radio is an open-format podcast that will feature different hosts and DJs playing a variety of music and interviews.
- DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist channel Afrika Bambaataa and take…
- Wax Poetics and WhoSampled present the Notorious BIG…
- Balnearico – The Sunny Side of Brazil’s Underground…
- Video of Tower Records on Sunset, Los Angeles, in 1971
- Father of beatdigging and hip-hop itself Afrika Bambaataa…
- André Cymone plays the records that changed his life
- Keyboardist and Crusader Joe Sample left a major legacy of…
- Ready to Die at 20: How Christopher Wallace created…
- Los Angeles band Jungle Fire explores Latin psychedelic funk…
- Nick the Record compiles new funky disco and rare-groove…
Responses from Facebook
leave a response, or link from your own site.
Leave a Response